Biodegradable Erosion Control Logs
Hello. I am looking for biodegradable erosion control logs. I need them to be about 18" in diameter and I need them to cover 100 lf. Do you have this available?
Thank you for contacting us! We do offer a Coir Log that is made from entirely natural materials and is designed to provide erosion control that is natural and environmentally safe. These logs achieve this goal through the use of bristle coir twine netting and mattress coir fibers that provide long-term support that will slowly biodegrade over a period of about two to five years (2-5 yrs).
The coir log is frequently used for steep slopes or areas that are in contact with waves or water to provide erosion control and establish an appropriate area for vegetation.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
The coir erosion control log has several features that equip the unit for use in natural environments or in areas that require a vegetation system. Features for this coir log include:
- Standard Diameters: 12", 16", 20"
- Standard Lengths: 10 feet
- Outer Net: Bristle Coir Twine, 2" x 2"
- Inner Core Material: Mattress Coir
- Biodegradable: Over a period of 2 to 5 years (outer net should last at least 2 years)
- Rolls can be Joined Together
- Densely Packed for Solid Support
- Room for Planting Vegetation on Top of the Log
While our standard coir log sizes do not include a log with an eighteen inch diameter (18") there is both a sixteen inch (16") and twenty inch (20") log that could also work for your area.
In order to reach your desired length of approximately 100 lf, a great option would be to connect these logs together upon arrival to your site. Dealing with smaller section logs that connect can make installation and transportation on your site easier.
The benefits to using biodegradable erosion control logs include:
- Natural and Environmentally Safe
- Room for Vegetation
- Densely Packed for Increased Stabilization
- Resistant to Mold and Rotting
- Easy to Install on your Location