Support for Wetland Restoration and Plantbeds
The Coir Plantbed is an easy solution for areas looking to germinate seeds and establish vegetation in their location. Often used on projects dealing with wetland restoration, floating islands, aquatic spawning and even construction sediment traps, these coir products are one of the easiest ways to build-up vegetation in environmentally sensitive areas.
Coir plant beds are made from 100 percent mattress coir fiber that provides a biodegradable material that is approximately 3-4 inches thick. This increases the stabilization around vegetation until roots are strong enough to exist on their own. Due to their small size and easy installation, these products are a great option for wetlands and nurseries.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
- 3-4" Thick Coir Mattress Fiber Pad
- Flexible Woven Coir Blanket Case
- Holds Seed in Place
- Lasts 2-4 Years
- 4.2' L x 2.7' W
- High Water Holding Capacity
- Keeps Roots Moist in Dry Weather
- 100% Natural
- 100% Biodegradable
- No Danger to Wildlife
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- Floating Islands
- Aquatic Spawning Grounds
- Sediment Trap
- Wetland Restoration
BioD-PlantbedTM Technical Specifications
|Thickness||3 - 4 inches (7 - 10 cm)|
|Length||4.2 ft (1.25 m)|
|Width||2.7 ft (0.8 m)|
|Weight of Plantbed||15 lbs/sy (6.8 kg/sq. m)|
|Inner Fiber Type||Mattress Coir Fiber|
|Strength of Outer Case||MD: 780 lbs/ft (11.4 kN/m)
CD: 744 lbs/ft (10.9 kN/m)
|Open Area of Outer Case||65%|
Additional Coir Erosion Control Products
Working to provide easy and effective stabilization in a range of locations, coir products are also available in several additional models including the following:
- Coir Matting: With a tight, open weave design, coir matting is the perfect option for areas where height strength and stabilization is a requirements.
- Coir Logs and Coir Wattles: For stabilization on hillsides, slopes, river banks or other erosion prone areas, coir logs and wattles serves as the perfect option for filtration, stabilization and vegetative support.
For these and other option, please check out all of our Erosion Control Products.