Erosion Control Mat
The Excelsior Erosion Control Mat is a biodegradable product designed to stabilize ares with moderate erosion control and/or low flows. Made entirely from aspen wood fibers, these mats have helped to provide stabilization, support and coverage around hillsides, banks and shorelines.
Single Net Excelsior Blankets are constructed from from a wood/excelsior matrix that can stabilize locations with slopes up to 3:1 and flows up to 6 fps. For added support, excelsior fibers are placed within a layer of polypropylene netting. This helps contain the fibers and increase support in your area.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
- Construction: 100% Aspen Wood Fibers
- Netting: Photodegradable Polypropylene
- Recommended Slope: Up to 3:1
- Recommended Flows: Up to 6 fps
- Easy to Install
- Completely Biodegradable
- Effectively Stabilizes Locations
- Works to Reliably Establish Vegetative Growth
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- 3:1 Slope
- 6 fps Flow
- Slope Stabilization in Low Flow Areas
- Hillside Stabilization
- Vegetation Growth and Support
Aspen Wood Mats
|Roll Width||8 ft. (2.44 m)|
|Roll Length||90 ft. (27.4 m)|
|Roll Area||80 SY (67 sq. m)|
|Recommended Flow||6 fps (2.1 m/s)|
|Netting||Photodegradable Polypropylene Plastic|
|Matrix||100% Excelsior Wood Fiber, 0.73 lbs/yd2|
Additional Erosion Control Mats
In addition to the short term aspen wood matting featured here, we also offer several other options for erosion control and soil stabilization in your area. Items have included the following:
- Single Net Straw Blankets (short term blankets in low flow areas)
- Double Net Straw Blankets (short term blankets in medium flow areas)
- Coconut Coir Blankets (long term blankets)
- Straw/Coco Blends
For these other erosion control options, please check out Erosion Matting.