Erosion Control Straw Mats
Double Net Straw Blanket, Rapid Degrade
These Erosion Control Straw Mats use a combination of netting and wheat straw to create a firm, yet quickly biodegradable matting. Infused with components that help speed up the biodegrading process, these blankets feature a standard lifespan of up to 90 days. This time frame is perfect for areas where vegetation needs to take root quickly.
For fast stabilization and vegetation options, each blanket includes a base material of wheat straw and a double polypropylene netting. While these straw materials are designed to biodegrade quickly, they are still equipped for use in medium flow channels and on slopes up to 2:1. Additional straw blanket options include a standard straw blanket with polypropylene netting and options with biodegradable jute netting.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
- Matting Contents: Wheat Straw
- Netting: Double Polypropylene Netting
- Thread: Photodegradable Nylon
- Built-in Ultraviolet Degrader (Dependant Upon Ultraviolet Activity)
- Lifespan: 90 Day Net Design
- Biodegradable Straw Interior
- Netting and Mat Rapidly Photodegrade
- Equipped for Short Term Erosion Control
- Temporary Stabilization of Materials
- Equipped for Slopes Ranging from 3:1 to 2:1
- Additional Double Net Options:
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- Control along Riverbanks
- Erosion Support in Medium Flow Channels
- Slope Stabilization (Slopes 3:1 to 2:1)
- Temporary Stabilization during Vegetative Growth
|Contents||100% Wheat Straw|
|Netting||Double Polypropylene (photodegradable)|
|Standard Width||8 feet/ 2.44 meters (actual 8' width)|
|Standard Length||113 feet/ 34.44 meters|
|Area||100 sq. yards/ 83.6 sq. meters (standard)|
|Weight (Approx)||53 lbs. / 24.1 kg (0.53 lbs./sq yard)|
|Life||Medium term, approx. 3 months|
|Best use||3:1 to 2:1 slopes
|Shear Stress Rate:||1.77 lb/sq. feet|
|Thread Spacing||1 1/2 inches|
Looking for something with additional strength? In addition to these short-term straw blankets, we also offer several addition Coir, Straw, and Wood Fiber Erosion Control Options that can be used for long-term, steep slope or high flow areas. If you are not sure which option would be best for your location, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project requirements.