Erosion Control Wattles
Erosion Control Wattles, such as the coir wattle featured here, are the perfect way to filter and control silt and sediment. Wattles are commonly placed around drains, construction sites and other areas to help filter water and protect the area.
Coir wattles are an extremely flexible and effective product that have been used around inlets and drains as a BMP device, around entrances and drains as a barrier, and in low-flow channels as a form of check dam. Regardless of the location these wattles are placed in, you will be provided with an erosion control product that will filter and retain your sediment, while still allowing clean water to pass through.
As opposed to other sediment control devices, installing erosion control wattles is a biodegradable and safe option for use in environmentally sensitive areas or locations where wildlife might be passing.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
- Coir Wattle Flyer
- Bristle Coir Twine Netting used
- Made from Mattress Coir Fiber
- Allows Water to Filter Through
- Effectively Retains Sediment
- Comes in Diameters of 6, 9, or 12 inches
- Can be Cut and Rejoined to More Fitting Lengths
- Filters out Sediments without Blocking up Water Flow
- Contains no Plastic for Environmental Concerns
- Easy to Install into Many Locations
- Can be Made to Fit your Exact Space
- Helps you Stay in Compliance
- No Costs for Removing or Disposing of Product
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- BMP Around Curb and Grate Inlets
- As a Check Dam in Low Flowing Channels
- Boundary For Construction Entrances
- Along Stream banks with a Low-Flow
Coir Wattles Technical Specifications
|9 in (23 cm)||12 in (30 cm)
|Length||15/20 ft (4.6m / 6m)||10 ft (3 m)|
|Fiber||Mattress coir fiber||Mattress coir fiber|
|Netting||Bristle coir twine
2”x2” (5 cmx5 cm)
|Bristle coir twine
2”x2” (5 cmx5 cm)
|Strength||90 lbs (400 N)||90 lbs (400 N)|