Needle-punched Mattress Coir Pad
Weed Mats are a natural option for any location looking to control the growth of weeds. Made from high strength coir fibers, these mats effectively suppress weed growth without adding harm to the surrounding environment. All mats are typically 0.4 inches thick and contain a two (2) inch slit in the center for plants or existing vegetation to grow through. This helps areas maintain their growth, while suppressing weeds and other unwanted items.
Similar to erosion control matting, the BioD-WeedMat™ will effectively biodegrade over extended period of time. Standard matting is designed to biodegrade over a period of one to two years. As the mat degrades, it will blend into the surrounding environment to help enrich the soil and continue the growth of plants.
- Fabrics: Needle-Punched Mattress Coir Fiber
- Fibers are Interlocked and Sprayed with Natural Latex
- Contains a Two (2) Cut in Center of Mat
- Thickness: 0.4"
- Installation Materials: Metal Staples or Wooden Wedges
- Suppresses and Controls Weed Growth
- Lasts Approximately 1-2 years
- Does not Hard the Environment or Wildlife
- Easy to Place and Install
- Built in Area for Vegetation
- Biodegrades to Form Mulch
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- Weed Control
- Erosion Control on Long-Lasting Slopes
Weed Mats Technical Specifications
|Thickness||0.4 inch (10 mm)|
|Unit weight||2.6 lbs/sy (1.4 kg/sq.m)|
|Fiber type||Mattress coir fiber|
|Composition||Interlocked coir fiber by needle punch
with sprayed natural latex.
|Available mat sizes||20 in x 20 in (0.5 m x 0.5 m)
30 in x 30 in (0.75 m x 0.75 m)
40 in x 40 in (1 m x 1 m)
Each mat has 2 in (5 cm) center cut and a split.
|Available roll size||40 in 33 ft (1 m x 10 m) rolls|
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed:
If you have questions about our products give us a call at +1-772-646-0597 or request a price quote.