Florida Storm Water Inspector Training & Certification Course
FDEP Stormwater Training
In conjunction with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), GEI Works is pleased to offer a Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Inspector Training Program. This course is geared primarily to inspectors, contractors, engineers and architects. However, others such as permit reviewers and public works staff will also benefit.
Accelerated One-Day Free Class
With your busy work schedule in mind, we're offering this Florida stormwater inspector certification as an accelerated one-day certification class. Upon successful completion of this course, you earn your Stormwater Inspector Training Certificate, as well as 8 hours of credits (Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Units (PDUs). At the end of this accelerated course, you'll take a proctored exam. A 70% (or higher) grade is required to earn certification as a Qualified Stormwater Management Inspector from the Florida DEP.
Upcoming Stormwater Inspector Certification Class Dates
Courses have limited seating. Save your seat and sign up now!
- Monday, March 28 2016 - Registration Closed.
- Friday, May 20, 2016 - Registration Closed.
- Saturday, June 25, 2016- Register online HERE
See our FDEP Inspector Training Program Flyer for more information.
Can't make these upcoming dates?
1) To stay abreast of future FDEP stormwater training classes, join our mailing list.
2) If your company would like to host a Stormwater Inspector Certification Training Course, we can often work with you to make that happen at a location of your choosing. Please contact us at 1+ +1-772-646-0597.
Florida Stormwater Inspector Training Certification Goals:
"Florida's stormwater regulatory program requires the use of best management practices (BMP's) during and after construction to minimize erosion and sedimentation and to properly manage runoff for both stormwater quantity and quality."
The Florida Stormwater Inspector Training Certification Program's goals are to:
- To ensure that the desired benefits of stormwater management systems are being achieved.
- To ensure that both the public and private sectors have enough inspectors trained in the proper installation and maintenance of BMPs during and after construction.
- To ensure a consistent level of technical expertise and professional conduct for all individuals responsible for inspecting erosion and sediment controls and stormwater management systems.
(excerpts from the FDEP Stormwater Erosion and Sedimentation Control Inspector's Manual)
GEI Works' mission is to help create a cleaner world through product solutions. We are excited to partner with the FDEP to provide opportunities to those who are seeking further stormwater management education. If you have any questions, please contact one of our specialists at +1 +1-772-646-0597.