Coir Logs for Bank Stabilization
Natural Fiber Products for Shoreline Erosion Control
Question: I am looking for bank stabilization products. I need something made of the bristle coir twine, and I need it to help control the erosion along my shoreline. Do you have anything that can help me with this?
Answer: Thank you for contacting us! For stabilization of banks or shoreline erosion control, we offer Coir Erosion Control Logs that are effective in providing structural support along exposed shorelines and river banks. Our coir logs have a 2" x 2" tubular design and are densely packed to control and manage areas affected by water erosion.
Features of Coir Logs
Coir logs are extremely reliable in their design and are often used as a way to help stabilize and support river banks and shorelines. Features include:
- Available Diameters: 9, 12, 16, or 20 inches
- Standard Lengths: 10 or 20feet
- Density: 7 or 9 pounds per cubic foot, depending on diameter
- Outer Net: Coir Twine Net
- Inner Core: Coir Fibers
Made from the bristle coconut fiber, coir erosion control logs are a natural way to provide river bank protection. Coir is an extremely durable, 100% natural fiber often used for erosion control.
If using GEI Works coir erosion control logs with some form of vegetation, plants are often placed around or even on top of the log itself to provide natural support while taking root.
Benefits of Coir Logs
The benefits to erosion control logs include the following:
- Coir Logs Can be Joined Together: Coir logs can be easily joined together to form your desired coir log length. This allows you to place the coir log along your entire river bank to provide a constant barrier and shoreline erosion control wall.
- Coir Resists Flowing Water: The coir erosion control log is designed to hold up against flowing water for bank stabilization. This means that it can be easily placed along stream banks or rivers without wearing down too quickly.
- Long-Lasting Coir: Coir logs are designed with a densely packed interior that provides long-lasting support for your location. This helps create a firm support system for building up banks and shores for extended control against erosion.
Learn more about GEI Works' Erosion Sediment Control Products.