Breakwater Tubes for Erosion Control
Geotextile tubes create a synthetic barrier used along shorelines and beaches to help control erosion. Often referred to as breakwater tubes, these barriers act as a first line of defense against waves and tidal action. As waves crash on to the shoreline, they hit the tube first, limiting the exposure to beaches and dunes. Geotextile tubes help areas retain sand/shorelines and work to achieve coastal erosion control.
Shoreline protection tubes are made from a woven geotextile fabric that is UV stabilized and well-equipped to handle outdoor elements and exposure. The robust material and high strength fabrics make them an excellent choice for home protection, beachfront properties, and other coastal areas. Geotube vary in size, length, and circumference to accommodate different coastal areas.
Breakwater Tube Features
- Material: High Strength Woven Geotextile
- UV Stabilized
- Length: Up to 200 ft.
- Circumference: Up to 120 ft.
- Effectively Filters out Silt, Sediment, Sludge, and Waste
- Easy removal and disposal of solids
- Reliable in all weather conditions
- Reduces risks in operational safety
- Multiple Lengths and Circumferences
- Black or Tan Fabric Colors
Breakwater Tube Benefits
- Helps Reduce Erosion Along Shores
- Acts as a Natural Barrier Along Beaches
- Designed for Large Dewatering Projects
- High Strength Woven Geotextile Fabrics
- Large Sizes Available
- Easy to Size for Specific Requirements
- Cost effective and low maintenance
- Efficient, versatile and environmental friendly s
Standard Erosion Control Applications
- Breakwater for Hotels and Beach Front Homes
- Agricultural Compost
- Sludge Removal
- Dewatering in Waste Water Plant
- Mining Operations
Geotube Technical Specifications
|Length||22, 50', 57,100', up to 200'||Other Lengths by Special Order|
|Circumference||22.5', 30', 45', 60', and 120'||-|
|Filling Port Spacing||1 - 5 Ports||One Port for Every 50' of Length|
|Size and Estimated Capacity per Geotube|
|Size Per Tube (Circumference)||Tube Volume(Cy/Tube) Sand & Minerals|
|Geotube Material Specification|
|Fabric||Woven Geotextile||UV Stable||Weight/Unit Area
Geotextile Tubes have also been used for sediment, sludge, and dredging locations.