Erosion Control Wattles
Straw Wattles are stabilization and filtration product used to remove sediment and other unwanted materials from runoff streams. Made from 100% wheat straw, these wattles are a frequent choice for use along banks, streams, slopes, channels, check dams, site perimeters, and inlets. Whether needed for filtration or erosion control, the straw wattle can be a natural and reliable option.
Standard construction for the wattles includes diameters of either 9, 12 or 20 inches. Exteriors of these models will feature natural jute netting, while interiors will be filled and packed with straw fibers. Both the netting and the fill materials are designed to biodegrade or photodegrade during use.
If you have questions about any of our products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889.
- Sizing and Specifications
- 100% Wheat Straw Interior Composition
- Natural Jute Netting
- Standard Diameters: 9", 12" or 20"
- Biodegradable, Natural Fibers
- Ideal for Site Runoff or Filtration
- All Natural and Biodegradable Materials
- Allows Water to Flow through the Wattles
- Capable of being Cut and Joined Together
- Staked into Place During Use
- Removes the Need for Cleanup
- Natural Materials Prevents Hard to Wildlife
- Perfect for Storm Drains or Inlets
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- Silt Check Dams
- Erosion Control Along Banks & Streams
- Construction Site BMPs
- Drain Filtrations
- Perimeter Control
- Slope or Channel Erosion Control
Straw Wattle Technical Specifications
|Wattle Type||9" Wattle||12" Wattle||20" Wattle|
|Length||10', 15' or 25'||10'||10'|
|Weight||20 lbs., 30 lbs.,
or 45 lbs.
|30 lbs.||50 lbs.|
|Density||2 lbs./lf||3 lbs./lf||5 lbs./lf|
|Filling||Wheat Straw||Wheat Straw||Wheat Straw|
|Netting||Natural Jute Netting||Natural Jute Netting||Natural Jute Netting|
Additional Sediment & Erosion Control Options
In order to address the requirements of your location, additional erosion control products are available to help with ground, bank, or shoreline stabilization. Products used to help with erosion have included the following:
- Coir Wattles
- Coir Logs
- Wood Fiber Wattles
- Dewatering Bags
- Silt Fence
- Coir Blocks
- Stormwater BMPs
Erosion Control AccessoriesFor stakes, pegs, staples and more check out our store!
For more information on these products, check out all of our Straw Wattles & Sediment Control Products.