Erosion Control Blankets
Single Net Straw Blanket
These straw erosion control blankets are an easy way to control erosion along low level slopes, low flow banks and other short term erosion control applications. Straw blankets shown here feature a single net design that provides support and control for up to twelve (12) months. This provides natural and economical erosion control.
Straw blankets are constructed with a wheat straw interior material and photodegradable thread and netting. This allows the blanket to naturally biodegrade over time to enrich your surrounding areas. Blankets shown here are designed for low level slopes (3:1 or flatter) and low flow channels. For a higher strength option, check out our full variety of Erosion Control Blankets.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
- Base Material: Agricultural Wheat Straw
- Netting and Thread Made of Non-Woven Nylon Material
- Filament Matrix Comprised of Wheat Straw Evenly on top of other Straw
- Roll Widths: Available from four (4) feet to sixteen (16) feet
- Roll Lengths: Available from 50 feet to 800 feet
- Completely Photo/Biodegradable
- Provides Control for up to Twelve (12) months
- Can be Used in Low-Flow Channels
- Best when used in 3:1 Slopes or Less
- Custom Widths and Lengths also Available
Typical Erosion Control Applications:
- Soil Erosion
- Support Along Riverbanks
- Roadside Stabilization
- Draining Systems
- Areas Affected by Water Erosion
Single Straw Blankets Technical Specifications
|Contents||100% wheat straw|
|Netting||Single Polypropylene (photodegradable)|
|Standard Width||8 ft./ 2.44 meters (actual 8' width)|
|Standard Length||113 ft./ 34.44 meters|
|Area||100 sq yards/ 83.6 sq meters (standard)|
|Weight (Approx)||52 lbs./ 23.6 kg (0.53 lbs/ sq yard)|
|Life||Medium term, approximately 12 months|
|Best use||3:1 or less
|Thread Spacing||1 1/2 inches|
*Custom widths and lengths also available.
The straw blanket shown here features a single net design that allows for short-term erosion control in low-demand areas. If you are dealing with a location that has a significantly higher flow or steeper slope, you may want to consider using something stronger, such as a double net straw blanket, coir mat, or straw-coco blend. If you are not sure which option would work best, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project requirements.