Erosion Control Blanket
Straw Blankets, Wood Fiber Blankets
& Straw-Coco Blends
The Erosion Control Blanket Variety offers a range of natural fiber products to help with erosion control on slopes, channels, banks, roads and hillsides. Working to meet both short-term and long-term requirements, products are available in materials such as coir, straw, wood fiber, and straw-coco blends. Please feel free to browse through our variety below to find the best option for your location.
Coir and Straw Blankets
Unlike other stabilization products, the erosion blanket adds structure to your natural fibers (such as wheat straw and coconut fiber) by sewing these materials to a photo-degradable net. By using natural materials, these items will slowly biodegrade to enrich your surrounding area. This helps to create an enriched area for vegetation to take root.
Choosing a Straw Erosion Blanket
Choosing between these straw erosion control blankets is often dependant on your specific application, the flow in your area or the steepness of your slope.
- Single Net Straw Blanket
- Double Net Straw Blanket
The single net straw blankets are designed for applications with low slopes, low flows, or temporary control requirement.
The double net straw blanket, by contrast, contains two netting materials to increase the the strength of the mat and provide additionally stability to your location. These erosion control blankets can be used in slightly more demanding locations, such as mild slopes (2:1) or medium flows. Both single and double net straw blankets are available in the following options:
- Rapid Degrade (90 days)
- Standard Netting (Photodegradable Polyproplyene)
- Biodegradable Netting (Biodegradable Jute)
This variety helps to address stabilization requirements in almost any location.
Coco Blend Erosion Blankets
In addition to these double net straw blankets, we also offer a range of stronger net blankets designed to help with higher flow rates, steeper slopes or longer-term use. Some of the strongest options available typically include the Coir Fiber Blankets. These blankets feature a woven design and can be used in areas with high flow rates, 1:1 slopes or other longer-term applications.
Additional Erosion Control Options
If you are looking for something with a little additional strength, you can also consider using Erosion Control Mats. These erosion control mats are made from coir materials to help with slope stabilization applications. Mats can be made high in strength for 1:1 slopes.
See What Others Are Asking About Our Erosion Control Blanket:
- Do you have Jute Netting?
- Do you have Wheat Straw Blankets?
- I am looking for a Jute Erosion Control Blanket?
- What Erosion Control Blanket for Banks has a Temporary Life Span?
- What is the Typical Lifespan for a Straw Erosion Control Blanket and where can they be used?
- Do these Straw Matting Erosion Control Products come seeded?
- What is the difference between your Straw Erosion Control Blankets? For instance, between the double or single net?
- Where can I see all your Straw Blankets?
- Do Erosion Control Blankets Biodegrade?