Erosion Control Matting
Erosion Control Matting is a stabilization fabric designed to support plant growth and reinforce soil in your location. Made from a range of both natural and synthetic materials, these mats are able to support banks until vegetation is allowed to take root. Standard erosion control mat options include biodegradeable matting and synthetic geotextiles. Please feel free to browse through options below or give us a call (772-646-0597) to find the best mat for your location.
Erosion Matting Variety
Choosing the right erosion matting for your location will vary depending on the slope in your location, the water flow, and the desired longevity. For many areas, biodegradable mats such as coir geotextile and straw blankets are a popular choice. These mats provide stabilization while also biodegrading into the surrounding environment. This reduces environmental concerns and enriches areas over time.
Coir Erosion Control Mats
Coir Erosion Control Mats are typically considered some of the strongest biodegradable erosion mats available. Designed to last anywhere from 4-6 years, these erosion mats are a common choice for areas that require long-term support while vegetation takes root. Most mats are designed as an open weave netting that is equipped to handling seeding before or after installation. Coir matting has been used in any of the following applications:
- Stream Bank Restoration
- Wetland Restoration
- Stabilization in High Flow Channels
- Slope Stabilization and Vegetation
Coir Mat Options
- Coir Mat 40 (460 g/sq. m)
- Coir Mat 60 (600 g/sq. m)
- Coir Mat 70 (780 g/sq. m)
- Coir Mat 90 (980 g/sq. m)
- Coir Matting with PP Netting
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
Straw Erosion Control Mats are commonly used for applications that require shorter-term erosion control or control on low-level areas. Standard life spans for these mats are usually anywhere from 12 to 24 months, with some shorter term options of around 90 days.
In addition to the straw and straw-coco blends on this page, please feel free to also check out our some of our Straw Blankets for more straw erosion control options.
Straw Erosion Mat Options
- Single Net Straw Blankets
- Double Net Blankets
Long-Term Stabilization Solutions (Synthetic Materials)
For a permanent solution, polypropylene geotextiles are a more frequent option. These geotextiles are offered in woven, non woven and TRM models to provide stabilization for the duration of their use. Geotextiles are commonly used under rip rap, retaining walls and other bank stabilization areas.
- Woven Geotextiles- Perfect for stabilization and separation applications.
- Nonwoven Geotextiles- Built with high filtration levels that allow for filtering of materials, silt and sediment.
Don’t see what you need? Give us a call! We’d be happy to find a site specific solution just for you!
See What Others Are Asking About Our Erosion Control Matting:
- Do you have Coconut Fiber Mats for vegetation growth and erosion control along a lake?
- Do you have Product that can Help me Grow Grass for Erosion Control?
- Are there Straw Erosion Control Mats?
- Do you have a Turf Reinforcement Mat?
- What Coconut Matting is Best for 3:1 to 2:1 slopes?
- How is an erosion control mat installed for Steep Slope Erosion Control?
- Do you have any Non Woven Geotextiles?
- Is there a Polypropylene Erosion Control Mat Available?
- What is Recommended for Streambank Erosion Control?
- Is there a Coir Geotextile Erosion Control Mat for a 1:1 Slope?
- What Coir is best for Hillside Erosion Control?
- What is the longest lifespan for a Natural Erosion Control Mat?
- Do you have Temporary Erosion Control Matting?
- Which erosion control mat would you recommend for Erosion Control on Steel Slopes?
- Would this material be good for Citrus Grove Erosion Control?
- Do you have a Coconut Erosion Control Blanket that I can use for bid?
- Is there anything that shows a Comparison Between Coir Mats?