Erosion Control Matting
Erosion Control Matting is an excellent way to stabilize locations dealing with water, erosion or reconstruction activities. Erosion mats are typically either biodegradable (straw, coconut coir, wood fiber) or synthetic (TRMs, woven geotextiles, non woven geotextiles).
Biodegradable options are considered a short-term solution and are often used in areas that are environmentally sensitive. Synthetic materials, by contrast, are a long-term solution and are used around roads or drainage areas to stabilize the area. Please feel free to browse through options below or give us a call (772-646-0597) to find the best mat for your location.
|Coir, Straw & Aspen Wood Mats|
Straw Erosion Control:
| Erosion Control:
Coir Temporary Mat
|Aspen Wood Mat||
Coir Mat 40
| Coir Mat 60
Coir Mat 70
Coir Mat 90
Polypropylene & Turf Reinforcement Mats
|Erosion Control Blanket: Polyprop 407||Erosion Control Blanket: Polyprop P50000||
Erosion Control: Polyprop Supergro
Erosion Matting Variety
Choosing the right erosion matting for your location will vary depending on the slope in your location, the water flow, and the desired longevity. Our longest term erosion mat will typically be one of our woven or nonwoven geotextiles. These mats are made from a synthetic material to stabilize your location for extended periods of time. By contrast, straw mats typically offer our shortest lifespan with some designed to biodegrade in just 90 days!
Coir erosion control mats are typically some of the strongest erosion matting options for erosion control and can last anywhere from 4 to 6 years. These mats are made from coconut coir materials that will biodegrade over time. These mats are typically used for the following applications:
- Stream Bank Restoration
- Wetland Restoration
- Stabilization in High Flow Channels
- Slope Stabilization and Vegetation
Straw Erosion Control Matting
For erosion control in areas that require shorter term applications, straw mats are the perfect options. These mats will typically last anywhere from 12 to 24 months, with some shorter term options of around 90 days.
In addition to the straw and straw-coco blends on this page, please feel free to also check out our some of our Straw Blankets for more straw erosion control options.
Long-Term Stabilization Solutions
For a permanent solution, non-biodegradable polypropylene products are the best choice. Options include woven geotextiles, non woven geotextiles and TRMs.
- Woven Geotextiles- Perfect for stabilization and separation applications.
- Nonwoven Geotextiles- Built with high filtration levels that allow for filtering of materials, silt and sediment.
Don’t see what you need? Give us a call! We’d be happy to find a site specific solution just for you!
See What Others Are Asking About Our Erosion Control Matting:
- Do you have Coconut Fiber Mats for vegetation growth and erosion control along a lake?
- Do you have Product that can Help me Grow Grass for Erosion Control?
- Are there Straw Erosion Control Mats?
- Do you have a Turf Reinforcement Mat?
- What Coconut Matting is Best for 3:1 to 2:1 slopes?
- How is an erosion control mat installed for Steep Slope Erosion Control?
- Do you have any Non Woven Geotextiles?
- Is there a Polypropylene Erosion Control Mat Available?
- What is Recommended for Streambank Erosion Control?
- Is there a Coir Geotextile Erosion Control Mat for a 1:1 Slope?
- Do you have a Woven Geotextile?
- What Coir is best for Hillside Erosion Control?
- What is the longest lifespan for a Natural Erosion Control Mat?
- Do you have Temporary Erosion Control Matting?
- Which erosion control mat would you recommend for Erosion Control on Steel Slopes?
- Would this material be good for Citrus Grove Erosion Control?
- Do you have a Coconut Erosion Control Blanket that I can use for bid?
- Is there anything that shows a Comparison Between Coir Mats?